Before we go on to discuss the creation of blogs and what websites can be used to make them, let us first look at what a blog is.
A blog is a writer's journal that is located on a website or a type of website that focuses mainly on written content, also known as blog posts. The usual content can include text, pictures, videos, or other material that can help convey the writer’s thoughts and ideas. Blogs can be set to be either private or public depending on the owner’s wishes as a blog typically is for personal use or sharing information with an exclusive group or maybe even to engage a public audience.
Benefits Of a Blog
- It can help start a new business even if it started out as a hobby.
- It helps drive traffic to existing websites that you may have.
- Higher chance for your content or website to show up on the search engine results page (SERP) and drive traffic organically.
- It can help convert traffic into leads.
- If you create content your target audience will grow to trust you and in turn that can establish you as an industry leader.
- Help you become a better writer. The more you blog, the more you write which enables you o perfect the craft.
- It also has the scope to propel you to become a published author.
How Do You Create a Blog?
Creating a blog is an extremely simple objective that anyone can do.
- The first step of blog creation is to choose a descriptive and unique name for your blog that sets it apart from other blogs and conveys the type of content that will be on it.
- The next step is to register it by using a host website.
- After registering the blog it is important to make it look appealing to draw in more users by designing a template and picking a theme.
- Lastly, the only step left is to write and publish your content regularly and promote it on other social media websites to garner attention and generate more traffic for the blog.
Top Free Blog Creation Sites
Here are some free blog creation sites to get you started on your blogging journey!
Wix is a free website builder with intuitive and modern design which can be used by both beginners and advanced users.
WordPress is open source software you can use to create a beautiful website, blog, or app. It has beautiful designs, powerful features, and the freedom to build anything you want all for free.
Medium is a wonderful and free platform to start your own blog, or discover and connect with other blogs. It's easy and free to post any topic and connect with millions of readers instantly.
LinkedIn has an easy to use interface that works as a platform where you can get exposure making it one of the best free blogging sites.
Weebly has an easy to customise webpage design and useful tools to build your website or blog and grow it into a business. Every obstacle from tech hurdles to business growth tips has help from their able Customer Service team.
Ghost helps you build a website, publish posts, send newsletters, grow an audience, sell premium subscriptions, as well as create a sustainable business around your creative work.
Blogger is one of the oldest blogging platforms and has an interface similar to a Google+ profile and the editor has similarities to the Word page editor interface. It delivers a bunch of themes to choose from, each providing different themes, colour filtering, and various minimalist gadgets.
Tumblr is one of the original free blogging sites. Just like a regular blogging platform, it provides multiple post formats for different types of content and is mostly used to publish personal content.
Joomla is an award-winning content management system (CMS), which helps you build websites, blogs, and online applications. It has a flexible interface that can be used not only for blogs but also for more complex websites.
With Jimdo it is possible to quickly create a website or blog by taking a basic questionnaire about your site’s purpose after which the site is automatically created based on your responses.
You don't have to be an expert to set up a great site with Network Solutions. You can easily start a blog a [ersonalise it by picking your own domain name for free, select pre-made themes, send personalised emails, and more.
SquareSpace helps your blog or website stand out online with a professional touch, online store, or portfolio. You can choose from a pre-installed set of website templates, customise the design to fit your personal style or professional needs.
Site123 is an easy to use website builder tool. It is one of the most widely used free blog platforms that lets its users create a small business website, blog, or even an eCommerce website with just a few clicks.
Strikingly takes the process of site-building and makes it simple. It offers responsive designs for mobile and desktop with built-in analytics for all sites.
Before you take the dive and pick a platform to create a blog ensure you have taken the time to think about the kind of website you’d like for your blog. All platforms do not have the same style of themes, accessibility, and have pros and cons depending on your requirements, which must be taken into consideration to build a blog that you are envisioning.