If you are managing your company from home and want to take track of your employees then you must need an employee monitoring software.
And with the right software, it will become easy for you to keep track of the record. This software monitors your employee’s movement and gives you the detail of time spent by your employee on a specific task, app or website. In short, they give you the idea of what your employees are doing in working hours.
In this article, we will provide you with the top 10 and best remote working and employee monitoring software.
The software we’ll be looking at:
- Time doctor
- Desk Time
- Click Time
We will discuss their features, pros and cons and pricing.
- TIME DOCTOR:
Time Doctor is one of the best employee monitoring software, it keeps full track of the time spent in working hours and breaks and provide you with automated screenshots and is supportable with all devices. There is no doubt about it that software is also used by some top companies like Apple, Verizon, etc.
- Chat Monitoring – see time chatting with others.
- Web and App usage – track websites and apps which are being used
- Attendance Tracking – keep track of their attendance and get alert for late employees
- Off Track Reminder
- Webcam Shots
- Off Track Reminders
- Time Tracking
- Privacy control is strictly for personal Information protection.
- Detailed reports.
- Best employee monitoring feature with an inactivity tracker.
- Integration feature.
- Time usage alert for no time wastage.
- This app is more suitable for companies rather than freelancers.
- Chrome extension lags so better to use the desktop app.
There is a free 14-day trial without a Credit Card and the package start from a minimum of $12/month per user and goes up to $999/month up to 50 users.
Singup for TimeDoctor
Hubstaff is light and good time tracking software. It records the screen activity of the employee, keeps a track of their browsing history i.e. complete employee activity monitoring. It is a very convenient app to use and gives you a good record of your employees.
- Time Tracking
- Productivity Management
- Detailed Reports
- Employee Monitoring
- Project Budgeting
- GPS Tracking
- Payroll Software
- Convenient to use
- Gives Detailed Screenshots
- User-friendly software
- Online Punch card for the attendance record
- Difficult to set up
- No Real-time tracking
Hubstaff starts at $7/ user per month. There is a free package too for forever but comes with several limitations. The 14-day trial is also available.
Signup for Hubstaff
Toggl is another good software for employee monitoring and time tracking. It comes with features and pricing best suitable for small businesses and it’s best for time tracing and simple task management.
- Advanced Reporting and the reports can be exported into Excel, PDF, CSV.
- 100+ app integrations.
- Track employee activity with Keyboard Tracking.
- Automated virtual timesheet management.
- User- Friendly software.
- Simple to use
- Customer service is good
- Auto time tracking supportable with lost of tools.
- Free Version provides limited features.
- Syncing with tools is conflicting sometimes.
- Doesn’t provide you the Web and App usage data of employees.
$9/ month per user in an annual package and $10/ month per user if paid monthly.
Free Signup for TOGGL
- DESK TIME:
Desk Time is one of the best remote working and employee monitoring software. It comes with an automatic real-time tracking feature which helps you to calculate productivity for you. Its pricing is also very suitable.
- Automatic Time Tracking
- URL & App tracking
- Offline time tracking
- Attendance Calendar
- Third-Party Integrations
- Cost Calculation
- Real-Time Tracking obviously
- Value for Money
- Great Reporting activities
- Great Customer Service
- App Stability can be an issue sometimes
It comes with a free Lite version for a single user with limited features. The package starts at $7/user per month and can go up to $840 per month.
Tsheets is renowned and one of the best time tracking software. Tsheets offers solutions to as high as 500 user companies and as low as the freelancer level. It is the only software that can be integrated with QuickBooks.
- Automated scheduling
- Mobile Time Tracking
- Employee Database
- Offline Time Tracking
- Leave Management
- Reporting/ Analytics
- Payroll Management
- Easy to use
- Reasonable Cost
- Good customer Support
- There are no such cons about this product, if we have to point at anything, I would say the desktop app can be a little buggy sometimes.
Like others, there is a 14-day trial period with no credit card requirement and the package starts at $8/user per month.
Signup for Tsheets Free
ActivTrak is a workforce productivity monitoring software. It has a cloud-based activity monitoring feature whose insights enable mid-market enterprises to be more productive, compliant and secure. It comes with a Free Version which is used by over 5000 customers and over 100,000 users worldwide.
- Automated Reports
- Employee Activity Monitoring
- Adhoc Reports
- Meeting Monitoring
- Project Management
- Screen Activity Recording
- Time Tracking
- Email Monitoring
- Organized Dashboard
- Cloud-based monitoring
- Screen Recording
- Desktop app takes a lot of memory
- Too many limitations on Free Version
There is a Free plan up to 3 users for a lifetime and another is an advanced plan with $7.20 per user per month.
Free ActiveTrak Signup
It is a pretty simple app and is good for sole entrepreneur or business which are looking for automated time tracking.
- Effective Time Tracking
- Powerful Management Tools
- Calendar View
- Detailed Time Reports of each member
- Time Tracking feature is effective
- Stay on top of projects with calendar view
- Friendly User-interface
- Less features
- No offline tracking
- No invoicing
It has a free plan in which you can manage unlimited projects and unlimited clients and is for a single user. For multiple users, Pro Version costs $6/ user is paid yearly and $7 per user monthly.
Use TimeNEye Free
Timely is also amongst the best employee monitoring software. Its unique feature is that it gives a good user interface by categorizing the time spent on tasks, websites visited and tools used.
- Project and Team Planning
- Team Time Management
- Automatic Time Tracking
- Project Time Management
- App integrations
- Advanced Reporting Capabilities
- Powerful Time Tracking
- Web and App Usage Data
- Dashboard can be a little complicated sometimes.
- Premium Versions has most of the features
They offer 30-day Free Trial and the package starts at $5 per user yearly and $7 per user monthly and goes up to $449.
Signup for GetTimely App
If you are working in a team and need an employee monitoring software then Everhour is amongst the best. Its time tracking feature is great to keep the remote workforce track.
- Powerful live dashboard with a clean outlook
- Browser Extensions are powerful and fully-functional
- Let you edit records in case of a mistake but there is a limit on it.
- Advance Billing functions
- Powerful Extensions for browsers
- User interface is good with a live dashboard
- You can’t use it as a distraction management software.
There is a free lifetime package for up to 5 users with basic time tracking and small teams.
Also, if you are taking it for a team then it costs $7/ user per month and for individuals $8 per month.
Signup forever Free Plan
- CLICK TIME:
And this is the last amongst Top Remote Working and Employee Monitoring Software. It is good software with time tracking solutions.
- Advanced and Multiple Reports
- Powerful Browser Extensions
- Centralized Dashboard
- 80+ types of reports give you detailed knowledge of your employee activity.
- Support Notifications
- Custom API
- Interface can be complicated sometimes
- Expensive for larger teams.
The starter pack is $9/ month per user and goes up to $24/ user per month for advanced features.
Signup for ClickTime Now
Conclusion: there are a thousand of time tracking and employee monitoring softwares are available online one thing you should keep in mind before choosing anyone is if integration features with other apps for task assigning such as asana, github, trello avaialble or not.